El Cannatorcedor, Leaf Process, R&D

Chlorophyll removal experiments

Reposted from El Cannatorcedor Blog / May 2018

 

I was not satisfied with the shelf life and overall experience with the leaf wrapped cannagars I was making.    So, I went back to the drawing board.   

I spent two weeks in Colorado brainstorming with Xiaolin labs, assisting with experiments which are still ongoing.     Lots of tests, various washes, extended curing, fermenting, heating, all sorts of fun and formula testing.

It’s looking like the leaf process is headed towards an extended leaf cure prior to wrapping, so that the final wrapped cannagar doesn’t have much moisture at all when curing in the finishing mold.   This will kill several birds with one stone, and result in a more stable curing process.

Goals : eliminate chlorophyll, better preservation and shelf life, flavor enhancement techniques, and the perfect white ash.   

Development Ongoing.

Leave a Reply